I went to the healing rooms last night and confessed I have an anger problem, and a pride problem and that I am a hypocrite. Also, about housing and moving to colordao. That is the goal: to move there, to buy my own harp, to get gainful employment even though I am scared of working again and to buy my own condo in Arvada.
I am alert and active, watching over my word to perform it. —Jeremiah 1:12
Today I want to share with you some powerful truths that are based in God’s Word. I encourage you to confess these words over and over, so they will change your thinking and become part of your belief system about yourself. As you confess them with a heart full of faith, doing your best to believe them and act on them, you’ll be well on your way to a healthy self-image.
1. No matter how often I fail, I will not give up, because God is with me to strengthen and sustain me. He has promised to never leave me or forsake me (see Hebrews 13:5).
2. I like myself. I don’t like everything I do, and I want to change—but I refuse to reject myself.
3. I am right with God through Jesus Christ.
4. God has a good plan for my life. I am going to fulfill my destiny and be all I can be for His glory. I have God-given gifts and talents, and I intend to use them to help others.
5. I am nothing, and yet I am everything! In myself I am nothing, and yet in Jesus I am everything I need to be!
6. I can do all things I need to do, everything God calls me to do, through His Son Jesus Christ (see Philippians 4:13).
Love Yourself Today: Review the list of six confessions that will help you gain a healthy, biblical self-image. Which one do you need to focus on most today?